The UoN Alumni Association Interviewed 70 Students on 4th February 2020 in regards to the UoN Alumni Scholarship Fund which targets to sponsor 1000 needy & bright students. This year, more than 700 students applied for the scholarship but 70 students shortlisted and interviewed, only 52 were selected to be awarded a one year full scholarship at the University of Nairobi. The Alumni Association intends to increase these numbers and therefore seeks more support from the Alumni & Partners to support this noble course.
Below is a brief overview of the UoN Alumni Scholarship Fund:
UoN Alumni Association Scholarship Fund is a program that provides
University Scholarships and Mentorship to academically gifted but
financially disadvantaged University of Nairobi Students.
This fund is a build up from the UoN Bursary Fund that UONAA has supported over the last 10 years to a tune of KShs. 21,000,000.00 (Twenty One Million).
The Scholarship Fund target is to financially support 1000 (One Thousand) needy and deserving students at the University of Nairobi over the next 5 years.
- To financially support bright but needy students from the University of Nairobi.
- To attach the beneficiaries to alumni in the Industry for mentorship and practical exposure through Internship and Work Study programs.
- To bring together the UoN Alumni community and foster the ‘giving back’ spirit with the intent of positively impacting the younger generation.
To provide scholarships to one thousand (1000) needy but bright UoN students over the next 5 years.
- Eligibility for Scholarship Fund is limited to UoN students.
- Must be an undergraduate student studying at UoN.
- Student MUST be proved to be needy and of good academic standing.
- Student MUST adhere and sign the terms and conditions of the Scholarship Fund.
- Age Limit for the Applicant is 17-25 years.