The Chapter was launched on April 13, 2007 at Laico Regency Hotel by Hon. Amos Kimunya ( then Minister of Finance) with Eng. Joseph Njoroge, MD/ CEO, Kenya Power Ltd appointed as the Chairman. The Chapter has organized several forums to bring the members together such as AIBUMA Conference which is organized annually by the School of Businesss. Eng. Njoroge has great vision for the MBA Chapter and looks forward to members playing an acive role in enhancing the University of Nairobi brand.
The formation of the MBA chapter in 2007 was driven by UONAA with the primary role of discipline based chapters supplementing the activities of the umbrella association. The MBA chapter remains to provide a forum in which the alumni of UON can participate in its governance and develop activities to raise its profile and image of their alma matter.
The chapter continues to be a useful attachment for business opportunities and a forum to establish useful linkages with MBA graduates who are managing business in various sectors of the economy, among other benefits.
To provide a forum through which the alumni of UoN can participate in its governance and develop activities to raise the profile and image of their Alma mater
Value Addition Activities
- Organizing the annual African International Business and Management [AIBUMA] Conferences in liaison with UoN School of Business
- Planning development and fundraising for the proposed Alumni Centre Project
- Facilitating internship for business students
- Leadership & governance – Leadership & Strategy Shapers initiative
- Alumni Member recruitment
- Alumni education during UoN graduation days
- Creating linkages between MBA graduates, business firms & academia